2/6/11

Make up your own title

I woke up this morning thinking about life. Not that all-mystical "Why am I here?" kind of thing. I was thinking about the decisions I've made over the past 45 years. Some weren't so great, while some have been absolutely awesome. I last wrote on this blog in March of 2009; almost 2 years ago. That's pretty pathetic for a guy who likes to write. I think I'll change the name of this blog to: "What George Learned Last Year." or "What George Learned the Year Before Last." Actually, I've been writing other things. Links to them are below.

See what I mean; decisions. I decided to embark on a couple of business ventures since last I wrote in this forum. Neither one has been what one would call fruitful yet, unless you are talking about grapes, but that's not the kind of fruitful I'm talking about. The second has been the most personally fulfilling thing I've ever done. Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy taking people around Idaho's wine country.

I'm actually not finished taking all the required tests, but within the next month I'll be a certified bodyworker and massage therapist. Out of all the things that I've done this one is the most rewarding. Not on a monetary level, but on an intellectual and emotional level.

It's obvious that I love to learn new stuff (even if I don't write about it). The human body is one of the most amazing things on this planet. It is a topic that will, at least as far as I can tell, never cease to provide new opportunities for learning. We aren't just talking about memorizing structure and function here. There is so much more to it; stuff you won't get in books. There are elements of the body that can only be discovered through touch. It is a new way of sensing that I haven't come across in any of the other fields I've tried.

The human body never intrigued me the way it does now. I never really thought about what it actually is until I decided to attend Three Oaks Academy of the Healing Arts, and the question was put to the class. "What is the Body?" My answer was simple enough at the time. It's a meat puppet. It is the way in which our consciousness makes it's way through the physical world, or how we connect our consciousness to the physical world through the body's sensory organs. It is how we create new bodies to bring more consciousness to our world.

To me the "Why?" isn't important. It just is what it is. However, I've come to realize that this organic machine that transports our beings from one place to another is an amazing piece of technology. Ask any engineer to design something that has the sensory capability we do, can heal itself, can process millions of bits of information in a split second, make a decision, and can duplicate itself with a sufficient level of sameness to the parent. I suppose he could do it, but not to the level of sophistication that we walk around in all day.

So what about the life decisions I started out with - the good ones and the bad ones? I don't know about you, but it has always been my nature to make snap decisions. If you've ever read blink then you may appreciate that most decisions happen without any conscious thought at all, and most of the time those decision are correct. The decision to start a Wine Tour company and to go to school for massage therapy weren't snap decisions. I am actually capable of slowing down a little and looking at the available information, even if the information is only a gut feeling. Anyhow, that's what I've learned in the past to years. I'll try to post more often.

Have a great day, George

No comments: